2020 Penhold Covid Facility Users Rules - Oct 6 Update
Oct 6, 2020 Update to Penhold Arena Dressing Room and Shower Availability.
It has recently come to our attention that AHS has changed some of their guidelines regarding sport and recreation and showers will now be available for use.
Due to the changes, dressing rooms will be open 30 mins before your ice time and you will be required to leave the dressing room no later than 30 mins from the end of your ice time. This will be strictly enforced and facility staff will be keeping track of those teams that stay late. We need your groups to get out of the dressing rooms as soon as possible so that our staff can get in and sanitize the rooms for the next group coming in.
Dressing rooms and showers will come into effect tomorrow, October 7th, 2020.
50 person cohorts are still in effect and as a reminder, there is absolutely no spitting allowed in the facility.
If you haven’t sent the cohort listing/team roster yet please do so if you wish to use the dressing rooms.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.
Sep 3, 2020 - Additional notes as sent by Town of Penhold:
- In order to get a dressing room to change in, you must be a team/sport cohort. More information can be found here: https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents/covid-19-relaunch-guidance-cohorts.pdf
- This list should include everyone from refs, to coaches, to players, and opposition.
- You will only be allowed in the dressing rooms 10min before your ice time and 10min after your ice time. This is to allow staff time to get into the dressing rooms to properly sanitize between users. If you stay longer than your 10min after your ice time, you could be subject to a $75.00 cleaning fee.
- Each team will be required to keep a listing of the people that come to each ice time and keep the list for a period of two weeks as per ASH requirements.
- If there is an outbreak, you will be asked to provide this list to AHS
- If you don’t have this list available to give to AHS, you will lose your ice times for the rest of the season
- Showers will not be accessible during this time as per AHS guidelines.
- Please come as dressed as you can for your ice time to limit the amount of time spent in the building.
- We are allowing spectators, but we ask that you stay off the track and social distance in the seats.
- Parents and siblings are allowed in the facility to watch, but:
- We recommend only one parent per participant
- We do not recommend siblings come to the facility, but we understand the need due to childcare issues.
- If siblings must come with a parent, they must stay with that parent and not run around the facility.
- Please Enter through the North doors by the garbage cans and exit the building from the main lobby entrance
If you aren’t able to follow these Cohort rules, then you will be asked to come fully dressed to the arena and be given either the lobby or blacktop prep areas to put your skates on for your social distanced ice time.