May 2018 Updates
Spring sports are in full swing and it seems odd to be talking about ringette when the temperature is 20+ degrees but here we go. There is lots going on so although the note seems long, I tried to make the points as concise as possible.
Ringette Alberta Conference: Saturday, May 5th and Sunday May 6th, Radisson Inn
- Club Management Survey results
- The Ringette Canada Competition Review Results
- “Children’s” Ringette initiative, rules, implementation timeline and possible pilots for 2018/2019
- “Recreational” ringette stream discussion
- Adult ringette stream discussion
- Universal Athlete Assessment Review:
- Parental Survey results review and discussion
- Association Survey results and discussion
- Accuracy and report review
- Delegate discussion on whether to continue using it, adjusting the drills or remove it all together and go back the formula for tiering teams and subsequent recommendation for 2018/2019 season
- AA Breakout Session
- Where will AA fit into the new long term vision
Association Monthly Meeting: Wednesday, May 9th at the Baymont Inn and Suites, 6:30 PM Start
- Proposed changes coming for the U10 Division and if RDR’s would be interested in piloting some of the proposed changes.
- Adoption of a modified evaluation format and removal of the “Try Out” declaration at registration for U12 and U14 divisions
- Use of external game evaluators for U12 and up game play evaluations at a minimum
- Registration Fee Review
- Rustbusters Fee Adjustment
- Respect in Sport
- I will stay after the meeting if any parents want to discuss more detail on evaluations or the proposed U10 changes
RAB Cup Tournament: Saturday/Sunday, May 26/27th
- Come see future Canada Winter Games participants practice, try out and scrimmage.
Red Deer Children’s Festival: Friday/Saturday, June 1st/2nd, Downtown all around the Servus Arena
- We will be there; stop by and say hi. We are also looking for a few extra volunteers to spread out the work load. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you can stop by and spell someone off for an hour or two.
Registration: will open mid to late May
- A note will be sent out when it goes live.
Rustbusters: Monday to Thursday, August 20th-23rd
- Registration will be online when doing your season registration
- Assistants and helpers are always needed, a contact email will be provided when registration goes live.
RDR Rush the Ring 3 on 3: Saturday/Sunday, August 25th/26th
- We are proud to announce our inaugural 3 on 3 tournament.
- A note will be coming out in the next couple of weeks providing registration details.
- Teams will be finalized after registration
- Teams may bridge different divisions depending on interest.
Reminders and Opportunities:
- Please send any season feedback to myself at email@example.com so we can continue to improve the association.
- Please complete a coaching survey if you have not done so already. We value both positive and constructive feedback as it helps the coaches improve and the information is used in coach selection the following season.
- Volunteering is key to keeping the association running smoothly. We are happy to accept any help that people would like to offer. In particular, additional volunteers are required for the Children’s Festival, Evaluations, Rustbusters and the Rush the Ring 3on3. Please let me know if you can help with any of these events at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- We are also looking for a group of U10 parents who are passionate about ringette to consider taking on marketing and program development/modification using the proposed RAB changes as a guideline. This is the opportunity to help shape and steer U10 ringette in Central Alberta to make it better for all our athletes. This will also provide an opportunity to provide input into the implementation of the proposed changes instead of just having to accept them as rolled out. The larger our U10 group is the more ability to keep play local and economical for our families.