Team Parent Jobs
This page lists the most common parent jobs on a team for the season.
Click on the job title to access the working instruction form.
(Certification Required) - This person manages communications, hotel bookings, tournament entry etc. May be the point contact for Ringette Alberta correspondence. Will need to complete the Manager certification course as per Ringette Canada and Ringette Alberta requirements.
- reconciliation of bank account and tracking of money and gift cards by family (spreadsheets are given to each treasurer) reporting to team on a monthly basis.
Association Meeting Representative
- This person attends monthly meetings to bring relevant information back to the team, raise any questions or concerns the team may have and provide input into association decisions.
- This person collects the monthly grocery card orders and submits them to the Association Grocery Card Coordinator and ensures the cheques are given to the Team Treasurer in time to deposit them before the monthly cutoff date. This person may also coordinate bottle drives or other fundraising activities. They may also be responsible for lining up volunteers for Casino or 50/50 association fundraiser initiatives.
Friends on Ice Tournament Rep(s)
- This person (people) attends meetings with the tournament committee, arrange for a raffle basket, coordinates the team’s volunteer schedule (if req'd) and any other jobs as assigned by the tournament committee. It is recommended to have 2 reps for each team to spread out the work and cover if a person cannot attend a meeting.
Pub Night Rep
- This person coordinates distribution and collection of pub night tickets, stubs and payments. Arranges pub night silent auction item and delivers to the pub night coordinator as per timelines provided by Pub Night Committee.
Minor Officials Coordinator
- This person assigns the scorekeeper, timekeeper, penalty box operator and shot clock operator (U12 and up) for games/tournaments.
- This person acts as a liaison for concerns to be raised and resolved between individuals on a team.
Jersey parent -
This person brings the jerseys to each game for U10 Step 2 and up, wash when required through the season. Players do not carry their jerseys back and forth individually due to damage in the past (older teams may want a home and away jersey parent).
Team Spectator Liaison
- A Team Spectator Liaison will act together with the other teams Liaison to moderate unacceptable spectator behaviour of their respective teams. They will act as the contact point for each team's spectators to pass and receive concerns about spectator behaviour.
Casino Worker - Each team will require a parent to work the RDR 2020/2021 Casino fundraiser. This has been a significant fundraiser in the past and therefore it is critical we have members lined up to support it.
Photo coordinator - sets up time and distributes information for the photo shoot, may also want this parent to take pictures of the team throughout the year to post on Red Deer Ringette website or teamsnap, etc.
Goalie Equipment - for younger teams that do not have a regular goalie, this parent would carry the goalie equipment back and forth to the games and practices.